For Bratter Or Wurst For Bratter Or Wurst

Wow this is fantastic! There's nothing I can add to what the other reviewers said: excellent acting, excellent mixing (although the narrator is definitely louder on the right). The only things I'd change are script things. Like, I would have ended the "real names" bit at "I'm not Jeff, I'm Paul!" There's not really any humor in having Paul acknowledge the mistake later on.

What really matters, though, is that this is certainly among the very best examples of voice acting work on Newgrounds. Well done.

Iamavoiceactor responds:

Thanks for the review grhmhmltn. I am happy you liked my voice acting. I like to play with stereo types every now and again people like predictable. Thanks for listening .

VAC 11 Entry - chevron VAC 11 Entry - chevron

Did you make the atmospheric sounds yourself? By blowing into the mic, and going "hoo hoo"? If so, your resourcefulness is impressive :p

Demo Reel - June 2013 Demo Reel - June 2013

HA! I thought Seth sounded a bit like TImmy!

You've got a great range, your recording quality is excellent, and you're a very talented actor. I'm not sure what else there is to say...

Piper responds:

Heheh. Yeah Seth was very similar to Timmy! I ended up going with a voice like that, because although I do other boy voices but they were a bit closer to Paige and Jade's voices and I hadn't wanted to confuse people.

Thank you for your honest review. I'm actually looking to update my demo. So suggestions are always welcome!

VAC 11 - "My First Time" VAC 11 - "My First Time"

Ahaha well done. Great use of music, although I think you could have done more with the sound effects during the robot's story.

Honestly my biggest complaint is just that there's no real reason why this needs to be in a mental institution, and I think the inclusion of that detail ends up being a bit confusing; I kept thinking there was going to be some big reveal, like the Doctor would turn out to be just another patient who wanted something to masturbate to or something.

Great voices, great acting. The really important stuff you did perfectly.

Laphin responds:

HAHAHAH! That's actually a really good idea about the doctor being just one of the patients.. >P We'll have to revise this and have it animated one day. XD! Hey! It could happen!

Lilin's First Blood Lilin's First Blood

Wow, the work you put into this is awe-inspiring. You went above and beyond just submitting a scene for the contest.

The only drawback is that the mixing isn't supporting your storytelling very effectively, which is really only a problem because your story is so good. Things like Lilin walking away from Glenora, or establishing the three locations, are almost impossible to convey effectively without visuals or a narrator.

This is a compelling world though, and I'd love to see this done again as a cartoon if you can find an animator who's interested.

Well done.

AderuMoro responds:

Thank you for your feedback! I'll keep scene changes in mind next time I'm writing or mixing. And I'd love to find an animator for even just this short skit, but I don't know where to look XD

First Time Rule Breaker First Time Rule Breaker

Hahaha "oh my dog!" That and the synchronized "mmhmm" were brilliant. Subtle, but well executed!

You've got these voices down perfectly. Very, very impressive all around.

Piper responds:

Heheh. I'm glad you liked those bits! Thanks for such a friendly and enthusiastic review! :D

Timmy's First Board Game Timmy's First Board Game

This was hugely entertaining! I can definitely see what some of these other reviewers are saying about some of the main voices sounding like the same actor, but Mal, Female Timmy, the cockroach and the demon are all quite varied. I think the piece would be stronger without the other, goofier character.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself though; the contest requirements create a significant challenge. Very few actors are capable of delineating three completely distinct characters without any visual aid (Seth MacFarlane plays Brian and Tom Tucker with essentially the same voice, but nobody notices because the characters look so different).

Other than that I should mention that this is a very good sketch. You've mixed it quite well; I couldn't hear any of the echoes that PiperAnn described (but she might have better ears than me). The, "your mom says that about everything!" joke absolutely killed me!